Another case of Uber driver being caught for negligent driving. Whether it be Uber, Grab or normal Comfort Delgro etc. Being a driver to other passengers especially for a living, it is the utmost responsibility for the drivers to ensure the safety of their passenger and ensure that they reach their destinations safely.
The accident happened on 9th July 2017, a 22 year old Uber driver was arrested for negligent driving and thereby causing death to his backseat passenger. Around 07:30 am, Xilin Ave, the Toyota Vios skidded before hitting a tree, the driver was unhurt, but the passenger behind passed away in this accident.
When the paramedics reached the scene, the 31 year old passenger was already lying motionless on the backseat.
Uber Driver Requirements
To be an Uber driver, there is actually no stringent tests, which the conventional Taxi drivers in Singapore, have to go through.
As a driver, minimum you need to fulfill the following:
- Singaporean / PR / Work Permit Holder
- Minimum 2 years of driving experience
Upload the following documents in their sign up website:
- Driving License
- PDVL / TDVL / In-Principal Approval (IPA) Letter / Letter of Approval (LOA) / Approval to Drive (ATD) Letter
- Letter of Employment (Only for PR & Foreigners)
- Certificate of Conduct (Only for Foreigners)
And if you are driving your own car, the following have to be presented.
- Z10/Z11 Vehicle log
- Proof of Commercial insurance
- Proof of Decal